financial aid forms
financial aid instructions and policy
Before we get started we want to acknowledge that this process can be stressful and maybe a little confusing. We encourage you to carefully read all the materials and note their details and distinctions. We are glad to assist if you have any questions. Don’t be afraid to ask - many of us have gone through this process and can appreciate what it takes to see it through.
Our Financial Aid program is available to those families who demonstrate both the need for aid and a commitment to our school and to Waldorf education. We recognize that life circumstances and discretionary financial choices vary for every family. Each application is given careful consideration. Aid is awarded according to the family need exhibited and to the extent funds are available.
This program is managed by the Finance Committee which is a committee of the Board of Trustees. The funds for our program come from tuition revenue, designated gifts and from scholarship funds the school receives through the Education Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program. Applicants meeting the criteria for the EITC program will be awarded from those proceeds. (Please see eligibility criteria on our SWS application form). Those applicants not meeting the EITC criteria are supported by SWS revenues. Please contact the Business Manager for more information by calling 717-426-4506 x222.
new family application instructions
1. Go to http://sss.nais.org/, create a log-in as a parent, and fill out/submit your Parent Financial Statement. There is a fee for this, which you will pay directly to SSS in order to submit your PFS.
2. Submit your completed Susquehanna Waldorf School application. (Download here)
3. Submit a copy of your completed tax return.
*Please note that new family applications are processed on a rolling timeline.
for returning families
1. Submit your completed Susquehanna Waldorf School application. (Download here)
2. Submit a copy of your completed tax return, no later than March 11.
3. Expect your award to be mailed with Enrollment Agreements by April 1.
*Please note that for our returning families we are no longer requiring an SSS application if you have applied for financial aid previously.
financial aid policy
1. Financial aid applications are accepted for a student accepted for enrollment in their final year of Kindergarten or in the grades.
2. Aid is awarded for one year. All applicants must re-apply each spring for the following academic year.
3. In the case of separated or divorced parents, both parents must submit an application.
4. An interview may be requested by either the applicant or the Finance Committee.
5. Any delinquent account is subject to a reduction in or total loss of aid.
6. It is the responsibility of the family to notify the Business Manager in the event of a significant change in family circumstances that produces a financial consequence.